Barcode verification technology confirms the readability of 1D and 2D barcodes to ISO standards to ensure correct identification of the product in the supply chain and at patient point-of-use. Typically, this is done using batch sampling: conducting spot check codes offline, one at a time, using an operator-based handheld or benchtop verifier. Or, worse again, a visual best guess estimation of code quality. The results are then implied to be consistent for the tens of thousands of codes that are not graded, when patently this is not the case.
ISO created standards for readability of barcodes to facilitate modern supply chains where products are identified at high-speed using barcode-reading devices. ISO15416 is the standard for 1D linear codes, ISO15415 is the standard for 2D codes, and ISO29158 is the standard for direct part marked codes. DM475V assigns an overall grade to a code based on measurements of the ISO-defined quality parameters. These parameters measure several factors that affect a barcode reader’s ability to identify and decode a code, maximizing read rates in the supply chain. Lighting is a key element of the conditions that must be met for ISO standard compliance. DM475V uses four-quadrant, 45-degree lighting to conduct verification in complete compliance with the ISO15415/15416/29158 standards.
Key Features: Cognex Dataman 475V
- Conducts verification in complete compliance with ISO15415/15416/29158 standards to ensure readability of 1D and 2D codes
- 100% grading of 1D barcodes and 2D codes
- Integrated lighting calibrated to ensure compliance with ISO testing criteria
- Grades up to 1200 1D codes per minute
- Grades up to 600 2D codes per minute
- Verification available on these symbologies – 1D: UPC/EAN, Code 128, ITF-14, I25, Code 39, Code 93, Codabar 2D: Data Matrix (ECC 200), QR Code, Micro QR Code
- Provides verification on high speed lines without sacrificing analytics
- Alerts can be set for when code quality begins to degrade
- Process control can be improved with detailed analysis and diagnostic information for every code
Tell us about your challenges for multi-site project design, delivery and support. We’ll show how we can help.