Consumer demand for trustworthy, safe products continues to drive the need for traceability and transparency in the pharmaceutical industry. Aggregation is sought after by many due to its ability to ensure compliance with the current regulations as well as enhance supply chain visibility. As this data collection and tracking methods continue to advance, pharmaceutical companies, contract packagers and distributors are utilizing new technologies aiming to minimize error, such as automation-assisted aggregation packing stations. CXV Global has designed an All-in-One Case Serialization and Aggregation Table; a new efficient solution in aggregating serialized packaging of cartons or bottles in cases. Powered by the Antares Vision serialization technology, this comprehensive and easy to use solution accomplishes carton and bottle to case aggregation; and case label printing, application, and verification within one station in a seamless process flow.
To avoid a bottleneck and increase throughput and efficiencies in their automated pharmaceutical packaging line, our client wanted to introduce a new method in aggregating shipper cases with serialized cartons and bottles for both liquid and solid-dose products at their Tennessee facility. The goal was to develop a comprehensive and easy to use solution within a single station for carton or bottle to shipper case aggregation; and case label printing, application, and verification. The solution ideally would accomplish aggregation, printing, application and label verification within one station in a seamless process flow. They reached out to single source engineering and automation experts, CXV Global to solve this challenge.
CXV Global rose to the complex challenge and came up with a solution that matched the customer handling solution and would integrate within existing business operations and systems. The solution was an all-in-one tabletop station for an easier and more streamlined hybrid case packing operations.
Key Customer Results:
- Adjustable to suit client requirements: Adjustable to suit a wide range of case geometries. All the devices on the tabletop solution are easily adjustable for tool-less quick changeover, which allows the table to handle a wide range of case geometries.
- Portable: The entirety of the table is on wheels and can be moved and parked on any ﬂat surface.
- Real-time data collection through a central location: provides greater assurance for our client over manual data capture especially when dealing with larger product volumes.
- Accuracy: Guarantees coding accuracy, without interfering with the existing packing method.
- Boosted Supply Chain Speeds: The streamlined process flow cuts down on the bottleneck involved with manual involvement with packing operations. The reduced manual involvement shortens downtime in the production process and boosts supply chain speeds.